1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

handcent sms....getting 2 notifications

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by twilighter, Jul 6, 2010.

1. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    jacksonville, FL
    I have an htc evo and i downloaded handcent sms. Only problem is that im getting a notification from handcent and a notification from the phone itself for the same text. Is there any way to not get a notification from the phone and just get 1 from the handcent app?

Advertisement

2. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Musician
    Philadelphia
    Open the stock Messages, go to options and disable the notification setting. Those are not the exact steps, but it's what you'd generally need to do to get just Handcent.

aldredd likes this.
  3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Android Expert

May 29, 2009
    Denmark
    I've got a related problem. I've been using Handcent with pleasure for a long time, but since replacing my Galaxy for a Desire, the notification sound comes a good 5 seconds after the popup -- so it's almost two notifications.

Is anyone else seeing this, does anyone have fix? :eek:

4. ThatsMrsJ

ThatsMrsJ Lurker

Jul 6, 2010
    Go to your regular messenger them options the uncheck everything in there. That;s it

5. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Android Expert

May 29, 2009
    Denmark
    No sorry, it's definitely Handcent doing this. The notification in the stock app is disabled.

The Handcent popup is displayed, and then some seconds later the top-bar notification with the "[​IMG]" icon appears and the notification sound that I set in Handcent plays.