1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Handcent Troubles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TaylorPelletier, Jul 2, 2010.

1. TaylorPelletier

TaylorPelletier Active Member

Jun 5, 2010
    For the life of me, i can't figure out how to set a picture as a background in handcent. i get through all the settings to the point where it asks me to select an image, but when i do, nothing really happens and it stays the same black background. can anyone help me out with this?

Advertisement

2. MikeEnIke

MikeEnIke Active Member

May 17, 2010
    Go to the main screen of handcent and go into settings. Then go into 'custom style', and then 'conversation list settings'. Go down to background, and when that pops up to choose a color, hit the drop down menu and change that to image. Then an blank image will appear in the white box and you can touch that to choose a picture.

If you're doing that and it isn't working you might want to try reinstalling or making sure it's upgraded.

3. MikeEnIke

MikeEnIke Active Member

May 17, 2010
    You also might want to try it with the white theme? Could be a stupid issue.

4. TaylorPelletier

TaylorPelletier Active Member

Jun 5, 2010
    yeah thats exactly the process i'm doing and it just plain isn't working. and i'm fairly sure its the most recent version of handcent since i just downloaded it off the market today (or am i wrong about that?)

5. MikeEnIke

MikeEnIke Active Member

May 17, 2010
    You can check by going into the downloads screen in android market. There was a handcent update recently, but I'm not exactly sure when it was. You may want to try reinstalling - it works ok for me.