• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root has anyone been able to UNroot?

msierra519

Android Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2010
i been having a lot of sudden phone reboots ever since i rooted so i thought i'd unroot..i followed the video that was posted and everything happened as it was supposed to..except when the phone restarted...it was still ROOTED!! i posted my comment to the creator of the video and so far doesnt know why it didnt unroot...anyone been able to successfully do it? or maybe know if i could do something different?

i been having a lot of sudden phone reboots ever since i rooted so i thought i'd unroot..i followed the video that was posted and everything happened as it was supposed to..except when the phone restarted...it was still ROOTED!! i posted my comment to the creator of the video and so far doesnt know why it didnt unroot...anyone been able to successfully do it? or maybe know if i could do something different?

Flash back to a previous build using RSD lite and flash any SBF. That will unroot your phone..but also remove some of your customizations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones