• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

has anyone found new music player widgets

I know you said you wanted to play your library from your laptop but FYI, the streaming music apps allow you to type in an artist or song and it will most likely play exactly what you want along with related content. In my opinion this is far superior to constantly transferring music back and forth.

My favorites are last.fm and Slacker Radio. I like them better than Pandora which always repeated the songs. All three of these have home screen widgets.

What don't you like about the HTC Music Widget?

Upvote 0
Well, Pandora is kind of strange. You create "stations" and it plays songs that it thinks that you might like. I found it to be very accurate, which was a big surprise to me. So you create a station and pick a band or song that you want to listen to. It will play a song from that band or play that particular song. When that song finishes, it will pick another song that it thinks that you might like. Then you can create another station for a different song or genre. It's really worth a try.

DroidLive is streaming radio. It has every genre that you can think of and too many that you would never even dream of. Say you pick rock. It will show you a rather big list of the very top, most listened to radio stations for that kind of music.

Hope this helps!:) Please let me know what else you find and if you have any more questions.

-PC49

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones