• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Has the i7500XXIK4 fixed the presses on the camera Button?

jthreads

Nov 20, 2009
London UK
Hi everyone,
I've been using again the leather pouch that came with my Galaxy since I installed i7500XXIK4 and so far seems not to waking up the phone when asleep (as it used before), I'm using SpareParts to monitor the device, and it's been reporting not anomalies on the battery or the running time spent without sleeping, IMHO it seems this issue got fixed.

What do you think? ;)

Peace
JT

I think it did. As I've described in some other thread, if you wait for the screen to dim and half-press the camera button, it will not light up. On II5 it did. Therefore, the phone does not register half-press unless the Camera (or other app using the camera) is running.

I've got used to not using the pouch, though ) May be will give it a second chance.

Upvote 0
I'm not quit sure if the pouch doesn't keep the Galaxy awake even though the camera button can't be used anymore to keep the display from dimming. I was hoping the issue has been fixed so I kept the phone in the pouch overnight. It went from 69% to 8%... :(

I'll test this some more, might have been just a bad night. Besides it's pretty cold in the Netherlands where I live these days.

Edit: might indeed have been just a bad night for I've tried it a couple of times now and it seems that the battery drains less than with I5 or H8. Can someone else confirm this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones