• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having Issues with Droid 1 Root

So I rooted my droid 1 when i first got it. maybe a week or so after. (have the superuser app in the drawer) but i honestly dont think the root ever really worked. Im now updated to 2.2.2

Kernel
2.6.32.9-g68eeefs
android-build@apa #1

Version 2.2.2

Build
FRG83G

Ive wiped it out several times trying to get rid of the root so i can start over. and re-root. but i still have the app. ive used the terminal emulator and typed in su and i get permission denied.

when i originally rooted it i did it manually where i added the updade.zip file from the computer to the sd card then booted the phone holding the x key down. and installing update.zip.

thanks in advance for the help. id like to get this sorted out soon so i can get on with re-rooting the phone and putting a rom on it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones