• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root having problems with hboot

mbancroft

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2011
yo
I am trying to flash a new splash screen. I have down loaded the file to my windows computer It is a zipped file named "Red Evo Splash Screen.zip". It contains two files 1) evosplash1.rgb565 2)red EVO.png...
I have tried a hundred different ways to get this on my phone I drag the file to my "f" drive. Then I go in to HBOOT but it never finds it. the scrips reads through very fast but it never finds it...... what am i doing wrong....I have also tried to do this with terminal emulator but no luck...... please help

I am trying to flash a new splash screen. I have down loaded the file to my windows computer It is a zipped file named "Red Evo Splash Screen.zip". It contains two files 1) evosplash1.rgb565 2)red EVO.png...
I have tried a hundred different ways to get this on my phone I drag the file to my "f" drive. Then I go in to HBOOT but it never finds it. the scrips reads through very fast but it never finds it...... what am i doing wrong....I have also tried to do this with terminal emulator but no luck...... please help

It has to be named PC36IMG exactly for hboot to find it.

Upvote 0
so should i rename it pc36img.zip or with "zip" out and do i drop the whole file or just the data portion (not the image)

Rename it PC36IMG. Windows hides extensions so don't add the .zip at the end of it or it will be named .zip.zip and hboot will not find it. Drag the zip file to your sdcard. reboot the phone to hboot and it should scan for it

Reactions: mbancroft
Upvote 0
ill post in this one too...im having same issue, i made my image correctly in bmp format... i then used npimg to convert the bmp to np.... so my splash1.bmp.np file was all set, i then renamed that splash1.img and then put that file along with android-info.txt into a seperate folder together, compressed (option on my mac) into a zip file, renamed that file pc36img.zip and then dropped on sd card.

hboot wont run the install, just says "parsing pc36img.zip"

what did i do wrong, img etting so frustrated haha

Upvote 0
ok.. some of them said to flash them the way you have shown me with the successfull unrevoked manner. Others which I avoided said it was done through you computer on a command line which I dont know how to do. I'm going to retry the last link with the method I used for the unrevoked version..... ( the one I want I cant find it now but I will keep looking) here is the link to the thread...........[Collection] Custom Boot Animations and Splash Screens - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones