• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HD2 has PSX emulation, when's it android's turn?

That PSX emulator isn't just for the HD2, I had it on my Omnia as well :) Really it's for any WinMo phone with decent hardware.

Anyway, as stated above, the emulator pros are already working on this. Also, the on-screen controls are actually really easy to use when they're translucent like that. Check out SNESoid, for example. It's nearly full-screen on my HTC Incredible, but still plays really really well. There are also bluetooth controllers you can get that work well too.

Upvote 0
That PSX emulator isn't just for the HD2, I had it on my Omnia as well :) Really it's for any WinMo phone with decent hardware.

Anyway, as stated above, the emulator pros are already working on this. Also, the on-screen controls are actually really easy to use when they're translucent like that. Check out SNESoid, for example. It's nearly full-screen on my HTC Incredible, but still plays really really well. There are also bluetooth controllers you can get that work well too.

I know mate, I just used the HD2 as an example since that was the one in the video, and that has the same CPU etc as my HTC desire.

I actually have snesoid and gensoid already, which is why I already know using the touchscreen is crap for them. The buttons are too close together, with no room to move them further apart. The constant multitouch axis switching is always causing it to think I'm pressing buttons that I'm nowhere near to as well. Not ideal at all...

Upvote 0
I know mate, I just used the HD2 as an example since that was the one in the video, and that has the same CPU etc as my HTC desire.

I actually have snesoid and gensoid already, which is why I already know using the touchscreen is crap for them. The buttons are too close together, with no room to move them further apart. The constant multitouch axis switching is always causing it to think I'm pressing buttons that I'm nowhere near to as well. Not ideal at all...

Ah, I had heard about that issue on the Hero. Fortunately the Incredible doesn't have that issue. I use the emulators with the controls on the bottom and in landscape and don't have any troubles at all. I'd be interested to see how the BT controller works for you though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones