• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HDMI to projector

Shaneymac81

Sep 28, 2014
I'm using a micro hdmi cable to connect a Hudl 2 tablet to an Epson projector to stream TV using a third party app. I find that the streaming quality is much better using hdmi over chromecast.

The problem is that the screen on the tablet does not stay on when connected but instead goes to sleep. Then when you want to change channel the tablet isn't always responsive and often the app needs to be shut down or restarted.

I've looked around at solutions to keep the screen on... Various screen 'stay awake' apps have not solved it. Neither has setting the display to stay on for 30 minutes nor setting the stay alive function in developer options.

Any other ideas? Something seems to override screen stay on functionality when connected to hdmi

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones