• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HDMI to VGA

cent89

Lurker
May 22, 2012
Hi, I have an Acer Iconia tab a510 tablet. I have bought an hdmi to vga converter (not adapter) to connect the tablet with monitors and projectors.

ebay.it/itm/CONVERTITORE-DA-VGA-AD-HDMI-converter-vga-to-Hdmi-/110883070488?pt=Cavi_Prolunghe_Convertitori&hash=item19d1256218

But it doesn't work. The audio is ok, but not the video.
Can you help me? I think the problem is in the tablet, not in the converter.

Thanks
Roberto

I'm currently trying to do a similar thing. I went the non converter route though just to try it lol.

I can categorically confirm that a converter is needed (am looking for one so any suggestions welcome).

I'm attempting to attach a Pico projector to my iconia. I already had some miscellaneous VGA cables/adapters etc from when I had projector on laptop & desktop.

I stupidly thought that having a HDMI to VGA cable would work, I mean why make HDMI to VGA otherwise eh?

The Pico projector has a composite cable in consisting of a 3.5 mm jack which leads to audio & video leads.

These (for the laptop) are then plugged into a powered vga to video converter, which in turn has a video out, an s-video out & a VGA out.

Using video out I'm able to get laptop/desktop working to the projector so I thought it would be a simple micro HDMI adapter on the end of a HDMI to VGA cable fed to my VGA to video converter box then again fed through to projector, but no that doesn't work so I'm back to square one again.

Though I am considering having laptop & projector setup permanently & may just use iconia as a remote lol

But would be nice to take tablet & projector to friends, so will keep trying if I find a way I'll come back & report.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones