• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HDR photos

1hdr 4u

Lurker
Dec 9, 2012
Does anyone here take advantage of the photo aspect of their phone, in particular HDR photos with some of the many HDR apps that are available?
I have posted one of mine which I took recently. Any critique is welcome.

Attachments

• 1354992375542.jpg
    1354992375542.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 119
What kind of phone are you using? The picture struck me as being a lot smaller than I expected. I don't know much about photography so I'm afraid I can't give you a proper critique. But on my phone (GS3) my HDR photos are more "realistic" looking your pic looks almost cartoony, but I believe a lot of HDR photos take on that kind of look. I believe the purpose of HDR is to allow for greater range between the darkest and lightest areas of a photo.

Anyways cool picture, maybe you could try taking more pictures with HDR of different scenes with different lighting and see what photo environments give you the best looking pictures with HDR.

Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones