1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Headphone, Trackball & LED Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by machan.john, Aug 11, 2010.

1. machan.john

machan.john New Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting. I realise there have been others, but I'm looking for specific answers. I'm sure one of you will be able to help me out! I am on the T-Mobile network and this phone is known as the G2 Touch.

Here goes...

The other day I dropped my Hero accidentally. The battery came out and I switched it back on to find that the headphone jack no longer recognises an input, and the LED and Trackball lights do not light up when I have calls and notifications. I didn't realise how much I took the track light for granted and would really love it back. Anyway I thought that this may be a hardware issue but after trawling the forums for a while I now hold the opinion that this happens frequently and is due to something regarding the ROM firmware?

In my case, I have not updated or upgraded my ROM since I purchased the phone. My build number is 1.76.110.6146733 and I believe that this is now an old version, yet I have absolutely NO idea how to update it.

Can anyone help me out?
    It would be much appreciated and I will love you forever :)

John

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I don't see how that can be anything but a hardware issue. Bit of a coincidence that you dropped it at the same time the software happened to bug out.

But yeah, that's very old firmware.

Install this: HTC Hero - ROM upgrade for HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2 )

And then you'll be notified (via the phone) about an OTA update, which downloads the android 2.1 update via the internet to your phone. (In two seperate OTA updates).

Tags: