• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headset failure, can't hear anything during calls

Anyone had, or heard of, this issue w/ the MoPho? On several occasions now I've gone to call someone or answered a call, only to realize I cannot hear anything at all through the headset. No static/white noise, nothing, and the person on the other line hears nothing either.

In each case I've had to reboot the phone in order to get it to work again. Really annoying having to wait that long just to make a quick phone call.

This is really disappointing...I wanted to love this phone, and have been a loyal Motorola user for years, but this issue combined w/ the "sleep of death" has made this phone too much of a hassle in the short time I've owned it.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to trading this in for the SG II here shortly. :(

There has been a very large discussion on this topic in the forum. The "Fix" was to update your software, since the update all of us MoPho users have had no issues with your topic. Therefore, after reading through the threads posted here for all the extra information about your new phone, I would suggest you try to update your 1) software, 2) PRL, 3) personal settings, finally 4) reboot. This should resolve your issues.

Reactions: Drop Knowledge
Upvote 0
If it keeps happening after the software update, you'll want to at least try to exchange it for a new Photon (although Sprint might just do a factory reset the first time you bring it in). If that doesn't help, then yeah, might as well check out the SG2 when it comes out. Depending on how much time you have on your 30 day clock, however, I would hold off as long as possible if you go that route to see what issues the SG2 has (if any).

Upvote 0
@ Doc

Yeah, I actually saw the larger thread after doing a bit more reading...I do apologize for making a new topic. I had already updated the software however, and am still receiving both the headset and battery issues.

@ Coyote

I was thinking along the same lines in regards to waiting as long as to switch to the SG II if that's the route I take. I purchased the Photon 10 days ago, so I'll still have about 2 weeks after the SG II release to see what types of major/minor issues users are experiencing.

Upvote 0
Anyone had, or heard of, this issue w/ the MoPho? On several occasions now I've gone to call someone or answered a call, only to realize I cannot hear anything at all through the headset. No static/white noise, nothing, and the person on the other line hears nothing either.

In each case I've had to reboot the phone in order to get it to work again. Really annoying having to wait that long just to make a quick phone call.

This is really disappointing...I wanted to love this phone, and have been a loyal Motorola user for years, but this issue combined w/ the "sleep of death" has made this phone too much of a hassle in the short time I've owned it.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to trading this in for the SG II here shortly. :(

Regarding what Doc said, you did flash the latest update using RSDLite? Your Phone should read (under about phone): System # 45.2.5.MB855...

Does it read this?

Upvote 0
Regarding what Doc said, you did flash the latest update using RSDLite? Your Phone should read (under about phone): System # 45.2.5.MB855...

Does it read this?

Yes, I am running 45.2.5.MB855. Unfortunately, I've still experienced this issue after updating (actually about 20 minutes afterward).

I honestly would like to avoid the hassle of going to a Sprint store multiple times just to get them to replace a phone I may trade in in a few weeks anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones