• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hear me out— not a loon

Someone had physical access to my Samsung s22 for a good amount of time, and ever since then I haven’t been able to factory reset, random stuff would be on the clipboard, the phone would keep changing accessibility options. I’d also get really strange predictive words when using the keyboard. I know how y’all treat people who think they are being hacked, but I can’t think of anything else it could be. What do you all think?

Upvote 0
can you take a photo of the error? or at least write down exactly what it says? sounds highly unusual. and no this does not sound like a hack. and are you sure your other phone, the s23, is giving the same exact error? when do you get this error? when you select factory data reset from the recovery menu option? or when you are trying to get to recovery?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
can you take a photo of the error? or at least write down exactly what it says? sounds highly unusual. and no this does not sound like a hack. and are you sure your other phone, the s23, is giving the same exact error? when do you get this error? when you select factory data reset from the recovery menu option? or when you are trying to get to recovery?
It says PDP back up failed set up wizard finished. Sometimes it won’t even boot into recovery mode, sometimes I do select factory reset and it’ll start up but give the error. And yes both.

Upvote 0
It says PDP back up failed set up wizard finished. Sometimes it won’t even boot into recovery mode, sometimes I do select factory reset and it’ll start up but give the error. And yes both.
try connecting your phone to the computer first before trying to get into recovery.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I really don’t want to be that guy but those this log line mean
try connecting your phone to the computer first before trying to get into recovery.
that worked! At least on the s23. Thanks so much.

was looking into the logs from the from the bootloader screen and it just looks like there was an MDM and some other scripting that ensured a reset would always fail. At least I think so— pretty much a layman

Upvote 0
I really don’t want to be that guy but those this log line mean

that worked! At least on the s23. Thanks so much.

was looking into the logs from the from the bootloader screen and it just looks like there was an MDM and some other scripting that ensured a reset would always fail. At least I think so— pretty much a layman
Also! I remember once hearing from a “pro” that my kernel was not an official one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones