• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello Androids

Haaalllooo all.

New to the forum and new to Android.

Just got myself a HTC Desire on Orange. I've come onboard from a Blackberry Bold. I have to say I am missing it quite a bit but the Desire is slowly becoming more and more "desirable" (sorry :rolleyes: ).

Does anyone have any must haves for my device? Games Apps Live Wallpapers etc ..?

Looking forward to being part of the Android gang :)

Gav

'Wifi Analyzer' - Great for checking out local Wifi connections, their respective channels (you can also see if your wifi is on a crowded channel, and then you can move it to a free one), connection speeds etc.

'Network Discovery', which identifies each device connected to your network. It also has the ability to read the MAC Addresses to tell you what each device is (the hardware make/model).

'Bii. Inc' are a pretty decent developing team for apps which customize the way your home pages look.

'Google Sky Maps' for locating stars and planets in the night's sky.

'Adblock for Android' for getting rid of adverts while browsing (means that pages will load faster).

'Barcode Scanner' for scanning books/DVDs/CDs in shops and then gives you the option to 'Product Search', 'Web Search', or use 'Google Shopper' to get reviews, compare prices etc.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones