1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hello from Michigan & Help with phone selection.

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Redneckrocket, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Redneckrocket

Redneckrocket Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Hello I'm from Michigan and have been lurking the site for about a week. I'm having trouble choosing which phone i would like to get for my renewal with sprint. I am looking at the Hero and Evo.

I know the Evo is a much better phone but I'm not sure if I want to get it with all of the battery life issues I've been hearing about. Sure I can tweak it to make it "better" and/or buy a higher mAh battery, but for $199 I don't want to drop a bunch of money into it.

I've heard the hero also has it's issues such as the lag and delayed calls. At walmart its $48.88 right now so its much lighter on the wallet. I really don't like the looks of the phone much myself, I find it kinda dated looking.

I really like the look/feel of the Evo and I could deal with the battery I guess, But the Hero's price tag looks much more appealing for my first android phone.

Suggestions and/or corrections highly appreciated. Thank You and love the site!

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Welcome aboard!

I'll be moving this to the Sprint forum where you can get more advice.

Personally, I own a Hero and my wife owns and Evo and both are great phones.

3. Redneckrocket

Redneckrocket Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I'm sorry I didn't see the sticky, my bad.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
  5. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Skip Trace Investigator
    Loveland, Colorado
    I have an EVO and have not had battery issues at all. It the phone I recommend. The Hero is ok, but the EVO rocks!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

6. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Male
    Help Desk Manager
    North Carolina
    I would suggest the EVO due to the Hero being a dying phone basically. Not gonna receive any more official updates.

7. Redneckrocket

Redneckrocket Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Does anyone know when they are gonna get more Evo's in stock? I dont know if i want the white or the normal black, i guess ill have to see a white first.

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    The white, to my knowledge, is a Best Buy Exclusive.

I was able to pick one up at Best Buy without any problem. None of the local Sprint stores were going to have one for at least 3 weeks.