• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from Michigan & Help with phone selection.

Hello I'm from Michigan and have been lurking the site for about a week. I'm having trouble choosing which phone i would like to get for my renewal with sprint. I am looking at the Hero and Evo.

I know the Evo is a much better phone but I'm not sure if I want to get it with all of the battery life issues I've been hearing about. Sure I can tweak it to make it "better" and/or buy a higher mAh battery, but for $199 I don't want to drop a bunch of money into it.

I've heard the hero also has it's issues such as the lag and delayed calls. At walmart its $48.88 right now so its much lighter on the wallet. I really don't like the looks of the phone much myself, I find it kinda dated looking.

I really like the look/feel of the Evo and I could deal with the battery I guess, But the Hero's price tag looks much more appealing for my first android phone.

Suggestions and/or corrections highly appreciated. Thank You and love the site!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones