• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP: Android 5.1 App Data

darwin4ever

Lurker
Jan 26, 2018
I want to start using another phone but I need absolutely the App Data from some apps on my old Android 5.1 (not rooted) Phone.

I found some Backup-tools, but at most they backup the App-apk's and not the App-data, so they are of no use at all.

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to transfer App-data from one phone to another.

How can I proceed ?

In general, every app has its separate app data format.
I know that !

But in general, every app also has its separate app data location (such as in User-AppData in Windows or any other OS), but in general, NOT every app has build-in backup-features and they shouldn't.
"Real" backups just don't care about data formats, they backup the data-files as-is (such as copying the User-AppData).

If such isn't possible under Android with the user-credentials and without rooting the device, Android can only be considered as an inmature OS.
At least "Normal" ICT backup-procedures should be possible.

I just hope this isn't true and can almost not imagine this would be the case !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones