• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help breathing New Life into my Rooted phone!

maryb

Lurker
Nov 1, 2013
Greetings all,

I need some advice on how to breathe some new life into my HTC EVO 4G phone.

My phone has been acting weird for the past few months, I think mainly because the memory is about full. I have only 215mb of available space left and I have taken off about everything from apps to photos that I don't use basically not leaving me with much and trying to gain some space.

I rooted my phone several years ago with unrevoked and I added the wireless tether version 2.0.7 and basically never did any rom flashes or anything like that ever.

Can anyone point me in the direction of trying to get some storage back on the phone and sprucing and cleaning things up a bit? I was considering just setting the phone back to factory reset and starting over but I really do not want to loose my wireless tether.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forums, maryb. ;)

I rooted my phone several years ago with unrevoked and I added the wireless tether version 2.0.7 and basically never did any rom flashes or anything like that ever.
Well, then... performing a "reset" wouldn't be an option in your case.

I would suggest uninstalling all apps that you don't currently need. Also recommend clearing cache on all applications...there's a few cache cleaning apps available on the Play Store.

Oh, yeah...you might wanna try flashing different ROMs now and then...this tends to put a little more fun into rooting. ;)

Best luck. And thanks for joining.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums, maryb. ;)

Well, then... performing a "reset" wouldn't be an option in your case.

I would suggest uninstalling all apps that you don't currently need. Also recommend clearing cache on all applications...there's a few cache cleaning apps available on the Play Store.

Oh, yeah...you might wanna try flashing different ROMs now and then...this tends to put a little more fun into rooting. ;)

Best luck. And thanks for joining.

Thanks. Already uninstalled all apps, hardly have any now and cleared the cache where I could. Do you think if I flashed a new rom it would help my phone?

Upvote 0
Also read the dummies guide in the stickies as it has a section for positioning your sd card.I'm on the phone so i can't link......You can then move your apps to the sd card.....now keep in mind this is different then the "move to sd card" found in settings........I have almost 200 some apps and still have 200mb left on the phone.

Also look into running aosp roms as they are smaller and run faster than sense roms.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones