• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! CM7 constantly reboots....

I used to have the same problem while I was on CM7 and I found out that my phone apparently had issues going to sleep. All of the 2nd init ROMs reboot very frequently for me, and I still haven't found a solution, but open the app "Terminal Emulator," press the menu key, go to "More" and press "Take WakeLock". This prevents the phone from truly going to sleep and it stopped my reboots while I was on CM7, however this is an impractical long term solution as it drains battery life like crazy.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. Since my phone wasn't really usable, I decided to just sbf back to the regular Motorola rom and I'm now on the latest update. I miss the custom ROM though... it's made me realize what garbage blur is (even more than I thought before)!

So soon, I will go back to a custom rom! Somebody here mentioned apex... maybe I'll try that?

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. Since my phone wasn't really usable, I decided to just sbf back to the regular Motorola rom and I'm now on the latest update. I miss the custom ROM though... it's made me realize what garbage blur is (even more than I thought before)!

So soon, I will go back to a custom rom! Somebody here mentioned apex... maybe I'll try that?

Thanks!!

Yeah you never know, apex might work perfectly. I've tried 4 different roms, 2 were as stable as stock, 1 froze all the time and 1 freezes randomly (hoping it is done doing that).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones