• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Compiling Google AOSP Lollipop?

SilentR3venge

Mar 4, 2012
I've tried syncing VM03's manifest with Google's AOSP source code. When I select the device I get the following error.
Code:
You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
  1. aosp_arm-eng
  2. aosp_arm64-eng
  3. aosp_mips-eng
  4. aosp_mips64-eng
  5. aosp_x86-eng
  6. aosp_x86_64-eng
  7. aosp_shamu-userdebug
  8. aosp_tilapia-userdebug
  9. full_fugu-userdebug
  10. aosp_fugu-userdebug
  11. aosp_grouper-userdebug
  12. aosp_flo-userdebug
  13. aosp_deb-userdebug
  14. aosp_manta-userdebug
  15. aosp_hammerhead-userdebug
  16. cm_w5-userdebug
  17. aosp_mako-userdebug
  18. mini_emulator_arm64-userdebug
  19. mini_emulator_x86_64-userdebug
  20. mini_emulator_arm-userdebug
  21. mini_emulator_mips-userdebug
  22. mini_emulator_x86-userdebug

Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng] 16
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_w5".  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_w5'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?
I would appreciate some help I've been trying to develop an AOSP rom since the summer.

You selected cm_w5 which cannot be used to build aosp. You must create your own aosp_w5. Take a look at flo or mako aosp for reference. And good luck :)

And don't worry if you don't succeed, I will try to build aosp lp as soon as I have more free time (most probably in summer, though...)
I can't wait until summer! Just kidding. I'll wait. Can't wait for a true stock experience on the L70.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones