• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help getting US Samsung Pay on international model of S10 Lite

SamsunnyD

Lurker
May 30, 2020
I live in the US, I purchased an international Dual SIM model of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite. Everything is great with the phone except the Samsung Pay app claims to not be compatible with my device... even Samsung themselves state on the description of their phone that the S10 Lite is compatible with Samsung Pay... My phone happens to be a international model which people on other sites have told me is the reason why I keep getting this Samsung Pay error, the firmware or CSC is apparently from Panama and they dont support Samsung Pay so I can't do anything when I open the app.

Is flashing the firmware of a country that supports Samsung Pay a possible solution to my issue? From the research I've done, there is no CSC available for the 'SM-G770F/DS' which is the exact model number the packaging of my phone says. There is a CSC available for the 'G770F' but it is from Mexico and while they support Samsung Pay I don't know if they would allow me to use the US version that way... not to mention the Dual SIM feature might be affected. Do you guys recommend flashing Mexico firmware onto my phone as a solution for Samsung Pay? I use Samsung Pay a lot and I would hate to be forced to buy a different phone altogether...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-204229_Samsung Pay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200529-204229_Samsung Pay.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 339
no firmware are very device specific. flashing the wrong firmware will make your phone useless. then you will need to flash the correct firmware for your device to work properly again. firmware not only includes the android os, but software that runs your cellular and internet radios. so you can't just flash any firmware you like.

sorry, but if you want samsung pay, you will need to get another phone.

Reactions: SamsunnyD
Upvote 0
no firmware are very device specific. flashing the wrong firmware will make your phone useless. then you will need to flash the correct firmware for your device to work properly again. firmware not only includes the android os, but software that runs your cellular and internet radios. so you can't just flash any firmware you like.

sorry, but if you want samsung pay, you will need to get another phone.

Thanks for your input ny friend... I suppose I have an excuse to wait for the Galaxy Note 20 now haha

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones