• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help inserting clock into app

AtoZ0to9

Lurker
Sep 5, 2021
Hello! New user here. I was wondering if someone smarter than me might be able to help me out. I use an app called Channels DVR for TV / DVR. It only comes in purple, so I decompiled the APK and created my own theme, and am happy with it. Now I would like to insert a clock in place of the logo, but the problem is I'm pretty stupid, and am having trouble figuring it out. I've been trying to insert code for TextClock, or Digital clock, but am obviously not doing it right, because the app crashes after changing that code.

Here's the logo I'm trying to replace:

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13w5CMRCbkGfMy-2wzBRLjAsFU1yp3y_D/view?usp=drivesdk

Here is the original code for the sidebar:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.getchannels.android.ui.SideBar android:background="@color/background" android:layout_width="@dimen/sidebar_closed_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">
    <androidx.constraintlayout.widget.Guideline android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/sidebar_guideline" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" app:layout_constraintGuide_begin="@dimen/sidebar_closed_width" />
    <androidx.constraintlayout.widget.Guideline android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/sidebar_expanded_guideline" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" app:layout_constraintGuide_begin="@dimen/sidebar_open_width" />
    <ImageView android:id="@id/sidebar_logo" android:layout_width="70.0dip" android:layout_height="42.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="35.0dip" android:src="@drawable/logo" android:adjustViewBounds="true" android:alpha="0.0" app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent" app:layout_constraintRight_toLeftOf="@id/sidebar_expanded_guideline" app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/sidebar_items" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent" app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent" app:layout_constraintRight_toRightOf="@id/sidebar_expanded_guideline" app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">
        <include android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="16.0dip" app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent" app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent" layout="@layout/sidebar_button" />
        <include android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="16.0dip" app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent" app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent" layout="@layout/sidebar_button" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <include android:id

And the code for the logo:

Code:
<ImageView android:id="@id/sidebar_logo" android:layout_width="70.0dip" android:layout_height="42.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="35.0dip" android:src="@drawable/logo" android:adjustViewBounds="true" android:alpha="0.0" app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent" app:layout_constraintRight_toLeftOf="@id/sidebar_expanded_guideline" app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent" />

Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones