• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help: LG GT540 - How Come Others can run theses 3D games and I cant?

Optifox

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
Hi guys, I really hope someone here can help me out.

I bought FIFA 10 and Need for Speed Shift,

FIFA 10 works but the graphics are really shocking., like I've got a downgraded version of the game or something. There are people on youtube with the same game but it looks amazing. Commentery, console quality, other features, great graphics and all. They're also using GT54O Android 2.10 like me, so how come they're able to play really high quality version, and I've got something that looks pre snes and calls itself FIFA 10?

TBH I'm more than a bit envious...

Also, Need for Speed Shift doesn't get past the EA sign before it goes blank and closes. (couldn't get refund because of the time it took to download files)

There are other games like N.O.V.A, GT Racing motor Academy,
which judjing by youytube videos, work on my the GT540, but they probably wont work on my phone as well.

Does anyone know how to get these games working (the high quality versions)?

all comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hate to be blunt but your phone is slow and pathetic and not made for games. None of the Gameloft games like NOVA or GT Racing will work as they are designed for devices with at least an 800 x 480 display, a better CPU and GPU.

If you want to play all of these 3D games you need to buy yourself a Motorola Droid 2, DroidX or Atrix. Any Samsung Galaxy S or Nexus S device. The only LG phone I would recommend for gaming is the Optimus 2X. If you like Sony, wait for the Xperia Play to become available.

Upvote 0
Oi Oi - that's not being blunt, that's just being a bit of a """".

Its obviously possible for people to play these games on this 'slow and pathetic' phone, that's why I'm posting here.

Someone obviously knows how to get these working on a phone I already have. I'm not gonna spend a wad of dosh for another phone just because I cant play these games.

Bloomin heck...

But I did say all comments appreciated so...;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones