• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me find a GPS app... if there is one.

mrchaos101

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
I have 4 Droid Devices. Droid X, Droid X2, Samsung Illusion and LG Enlighten.
I own all these devices. They are mine. I pay the $480 a month bill.

I am looking for an app that will keep the GPS on. Meaning that If I shut my GPS off, it will auto start back up.

I thought I could keep this closed up by using android controls and blocking out access to settings BUT there is a damn widget at the top slide down tool bar that allows this to be toggled on and off.

Is there an app that can start and keep a service alive?

If snapcase is right...

I use a free app called, "Hey kids- If you turn off the friggin GPS, I'm taking away your friggin cell phones."

However, as a failsafe, I've also installed the free apps, Where's My Droid and LookOut. Either of those apps enable you to remotely turn on GPS and track the phones. LookOut is kinda nice in that unsuspecting people think it's just an anti-virus program, but you can get on web browser and track the phone on a map. Keep in mind that GPS uses a lot of battery so if you were going to track somebody for a long time, you'd wear down their battery in a hurry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones