1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help me out here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marvel901, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Marvel901

Marvel901 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011
    OK I am new to Android and indeed to smart phones at this price BUT I like the SGS 2 so far but for a few things.

1. I am in a way answering my own question here as DNLA does not work if you are trying to do it with video into a Sony BRavia TV. Ok. BUT if you simply transfer the video from the SGS2 to the PC,,, do nothing at all with it but load it to a data stick and plug it into the USB slot on the TV it works fine. Photos and audio work OK however in DNLA.

So I thought I will buy the MHL cable so that I can play direct into the TV but this will sap the battery no end and its probably easier to transfer to a computer as backup anyway.

2, This is more interesting and I dont know the answer so any help welcome... Can I back up say, videos that I have taken WITHOUT a PC?

Well, there is this Samsung Micro USB converter (coming soon) which seems to imply that if I bought it (when it is available) that I can then plug a data stick into it and pull any data (inc videos) to the data stick from my mobile without taking the ssd out simply as another drive. ??? Is this how others see it or am I just up the creek without as it were.

Cheers
    folks

Great phone all the same

Ian

Advertisement

2. daz_2000

daz_2000 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    London, UK
    Agree with you on point2. Was kind of hoping the Mhl adapter would charge with a HDMI cable into TV, nztechfreak may be able to confirm?

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand