• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me out here

Marvel901

May 12, 2011
OK I am new to Android and indeed to smart phones at this price BUT I like the SGS 2 so far but for a few things.

1. I am in a way answering my own question here as DNLA does not work if you are trying to do it with video into a Sony BRavia TV. Ok. BUT if you simply transfer the video from the SGS2 to the PC,,, do nothing at all with it but load it to a data stick and plug it into the USB slot on the TV it works fine. Photos and audio work OK however in DNLA.

So I thought I will buy the MHL cable so that I can play direct into the TV but this will sap the battery no end and its probably easier to transfer to a computer as backup anyway.

2, This is more interesting and I dont know the answer so any help welcome... Can I back up say, videos that I have taken WITHOUT a PC?

Well, there is this Samsung Micro USB converter (coming soon) which seems to imply that if I bought it (when it is available) that I can then plug a data stick into it and pull any data (inc videos) to the data stick from my mobile without taking the ssd out simply as another drive. ??? Is this how others see it or am I just up the creek without as it were.

Cheers
folks

Great phone all the same

Ian

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones