• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me stop the texts...

mdizzle99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2010
Well I am in the middle of class, so only have a second to describe this, but I keep getting text messages over and over and over. My wife has sent me 4 or 5 separate texts today, and I have probably gotten 100 copies of each over the day. the other strange thing about them is that they show the incorrect time stamp on them.

Is this a problem with my phone or hers? She has an unrooted Intercept and we both use handcent. I have deleted handcent, cleared data and cache for messaging as well as doing a dalvik cache wipe in recovery. Any ideas? My next step will be to just wipe everything and start over with the ROM.

A wipe could do something. But that is a really odd problem. Sounds more like something with the network, not your or her phone.

You could do a wipe first, see how that goes, and then just call up sprint or go to a store.
Unrooting, then rerooting and restoring the backup is quick, in case you have to take it in. Ive done it multiple times this week before receiving a replacement.

Let me know what happens after the wipe or if you get if resolved.

Upvote 0
I've never had that happen with texts, but I remember back when I had a blackberry, I once got all of my emails pushed to my phone about 50 times each. It totaled to over 1000 emails, and the phone was basically unusable the entire time. Good times.

Lol.. been there done that (and many more wonderful surprises of the almighty BB)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones