• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help my camera is acting funny

OK this morning I mastered tethering my phone since then i noticed that one of my apps pops up a thing that says my phone isn't connected to the internet when infact my 3g incon is alive and poppin...lol...then i also notice that everytime i try to use my camera my phone automatically reboots itself...i'm using ctmod 2.3 for my custom rom just incase that has something to do with it...I did the recovery that comes with ctmod hoping that would fix the camera issue it didn't I really like the ctmod because it doesn't come with all the crap but I want my camera more...LOL....plz help thanks

~edit~ OK so I did a factory reset and installed ctmod 2.4 and my camera is still not working I click on the button on the side of phone and my phone reboots, I click on the camera app and phone rebooted, I even went to quickpic and click on the camera and phone still reboots itself

~edit again~ so curiosity killed me I went and installed an app called pudding camera to see if I could take pictures guess what I can so now I'm really confused....LOL I really don't want to have to download 2 apps just so I can rake pics a d record video

A clean install of CTMod 2.4 should have fixed the problem. I’m thinking that you might have an app installed that might be conflicting with your main camera app.

1. Create a backup via Titanium Backup
  2. Reboot in to Recovery aka CWM
  3. Wipe data/factory reset
  4. Select advanced and Reboot Recovery
  5. Install CTMod 2.4
Bring in your apps once at time. You will find the culprit.

Reactions: dolfinluvr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones