• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Need Polish locale on UK G1

I have a UK G1 and I live in Poland. The UK G1 does not have Polish language and I really need this. I have had the 1.5 update in Poland but this only added Austrian and German languages but not Polish. I am using an unlocked G1 with an ERA sim card :(

Can someone advise me if there is a way to get Polish on my G1? I have tried downgrading my phone and then updating it in the hope of getting the Polish locale but this did not work and Im sure I did not use the right firmware :thinking:

Is it possible to get the ERA (Polish) firmware on the phone or one of the European firmwares to enable Polish? I do not want to root my phone just get the right language.

Any advice would be really appreciated! :D

Model No: T-Mobile G1
Firmware: 1.5
Baseband: 62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.26I
Kernel: 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
Build No: CRB43

I have a UK G1 and I live in Poland. The UK G1 does not have Polish language and I really need this. I have had the 1.5 update in Poland but this only added Austrian and German languages but not Polish. I am using an unlocked G1 with an ERA sim card :(

Can someone advise me if there is a way to get Polish on my G1? I have tried downgrading my phone and then updating it in the hope of getting the Polish locale but this did not work and Im sure I did not use the right firmware :thinking:

Is it possible to get the ERA (Polish) firmware on the phone or one of the European firmwares to enable Polish? I do not want to root my phone just get the right language.

Any advice would be really appreciated! :D

Model No: T-Mobile G1
Firmware: 1.5
Baseband: 62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.26I
Kernel: 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
Build No: CRB43

I would say there probably IS NOT anyway to get a language on the phone until published by Google ... (i am not sure but think this would be same even if you were rooted) ...

If a carrier chooses to introduce and Android phone in your Region then that would be reason to add Polish... (and then you change phones ... or possibly then root to that phone's Build that is assuming someone gets the Build ???)

Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear .. :(

Upvote 0
Thanks for that info justjimjpc! I think my chances are slim on this one :(.

The G1 is sold in Poland with ERA (Polish T Mobile). Do you think it would be possible to get hold of the ERA firmware and put this on my phone? I take it I would have to root it then to get the firmware on? Also, am I right in thinking that there is a European firmware as well as UK and US??

Does anyone here have their G1 on T Mobile in Germany and do you get Polish language on that? :thinking:

Thanks in advance :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for that info justjimjpc! I think my chances are slim on this one :(.

The G1 is sold in Poland with ERA (Polish T Mobile). Do you think it would be possible to get hold of the ERA firmware and put this on my phone? I take it I would have to root it then to get the firmware on? Also, am I right in thinking that there is a European firmware as well as UK and US??

Does anyone here have their G1 on T Mobile in Germany and do you get Polish language on that? :thinking:

Thanks in advance :D

A call to T-mobile should be able to answer that ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones