• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help new droid user

allday314

Lurker
Apr 24, 2010
Hello, this is my first time starting a thread or even posting anything on a forum so bare with me. I have a motorla droid on 2.1, and I have tried almost every possible route to get my phone back to 2.0.1 but something always comes up. It has gotten so bad that I'm ready to sell my droid, because I really really want htc sense on my phone. I have tried to use the rsd lite method but for some reason my computer can find the program to open it with, any suggestions???? Next, I was wondering if there was anybody on this forum that was from Missouri so that I can get some local
help?? Please can someone help me?!!!

You have to tell us what you have done.
My thought would be to DL ROM Manager and within is the 2.0.1 OS (stock unrooted) and the 2.1 (rooted) OS. DL one, it will prompt you to backup and/or wipe. Just wipe, it will install and I believe you can ignore the OTA update.
Done

edit - you do not need the premium version of ROM Manager to get stock images - I just checked.

Upvote 0
He is on 2.1 stock. You need to get the RSD Lite application for your pc, if your getting a error about not having anything to open the file then you probably need to download 7zip (free, do a google search) and use it to extract the RSD Lite exe, once you have it running you can continue following the guide. The thing is if you doing all this for Sense you will be disappointed because it doesn't run all that well and requires some extra steps to install compared to installing a normal ROM. Also you can't make phone calls while 3G is on so you need to turn data off and on constantly. If you want Sense then just get the HTC Incredible, you just got your Droid right? Then you can return/exchange it for the Incredible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones