• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help new to root, unable to get Unrevoked 3 to work!

woodffpm

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
I am new to root, and have been trying to root my Incredible. I have the OTA 2.2, and waited for Unrevoked to release the new program. I have downloaded the drivers and it says that has the most current drivers installed, but when I open the Unrevoked 3 re-flash program it does not recognize the phone...any ideas where to start?

I got the drivers from the Unrevoked Beta chat and was given instructions on the chat to install HTCSync first, then UNINSTALL HTSync, then install the drivers. This worked. Apparently installing HTCSync and installing it leaves behind some driver files that are necessary. I actually had installed the drivers already so I did tht HTCSync install/uninstall second and had no problems. You don't mention your environment perhaps that could be an issue also. I installed on a Win764bit machine with no issues.

Another option is to install the drivers from this thread

Read Bob Denny's thread I found it the most comprehensive and current version of the many how to root threads.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones