• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help on rooting Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet?

AussieGuy

Jan 13, 2011
Where can I find some advice about rooting my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet? It doesn't have its own forum here, and all the old posts have been archived.

I've tried Debugfs (from the xda-developers site) from Windows, and then motochopper from linux - neither of which worked (although that could be a cabling issue).

What I'm hoping for is some step-by-step instructions which will walk me through rooting the tablet - and then unlocking the bootloader, and installing a custom ROM.

Thanks!
-A.

Thanks, kate. I wonder of the exploit discussed there only worked for TPT's before ICS? The xda-developer folks seem to recommend hte RootDebugfs exploit (which was discovered for Asus tablets, and was magically found to work on TPT's as well), or the newer motochopper.

I'll try again anyway with a new cable!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones