• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please! Startup splash screens show, then display goes black!

tlogank

Sep 22, 2010
I had just installed the Power Control widget. Was setting up an option for screen brightness and the phone immediately went dark. I turned it off/on, took out battery, etc. and I still can't see the home screen. I know the display works because I can see the Samsung and Verizon splash screens when booting up the phone. After that it just goes dark. Also, I can call it and hear the ringtone, but no display. Anyone help please? REALLY don't want to do a restore to default, but if that's my only option I will.

Some people have reported similar issues where the screen would get stuck on 0 brightness. You can try going into recovery (with phone off, hold volume up and volume down and press the power button) and you should see wipe data/factory reset. Otherwise, you'll probably need to go to verizon.

thanks...so no one knows of a safe mode type way in? I think the zero brightness is my issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones