• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help.. someone who knows Galaxy s2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazbar3

Lurker
Jan 21, 2014
Hi,

how are you all..
I have a bit of a problem.. A girl I know is being threatened by her ex boyfriend, he threatens to post compromising pics of her taken with his Samsung S2.

I've been searching all day on a way to disable/ reset/ destroy the phone remotely.. I discovered that S2's can be reset to factory settings with a USSD code.

I have the guys number, it has to be done remotely as i have no way of accessing his phone.

Is there anyone who knows about how I can achieve this? or any software that i can push to his phone to automatically wipe his phone out or nuke it.??

She is terrified he might without warning use it against her.. sigh :(

Sorry, you're technically asking us to break the law. If he hasn't broken the law yet (check your local, state, country laws, etc) for some reason, for example if she's over 18, or whether she has, that's her issue to deal with. That also likely won't erase the user data spaceo n the S2, leaving all the pictures there. Just an FYI.

Your best bet? Tell her to take it to the police. Sorry, but if you allow compromising pictures to be taken, be ready to deal with potential down-the-road consequences.

EDIT: To clarify, I believe it's considered vandalism or damage to property, etc. to remotely access, wipe, etc. someone's phone, like hacking a computer.

Reactions: fazbar3
Upvote 0
Sorry, you're technically asking us to break the law. If he hasn't broken the law yet (check your local, state, country laws, etc) for some reason, for example if she's over 18, or whether she has, that's her issue to deal with. That also likely won't erase the user data spaceo n the S2, leaving all the pictures there. Just an FYI.

Your best bet? Tell her to take it to the police. Sorry, but if you allow compromising pictures to be taken, be ready to deal with potential down-the-road consequences.

EDIT: To clarify, I believe it's considered vandalism or damage to property, etc. to remotely access, wipe, etc. someone's phone, like hacking a computer.

Thanks for the quick answer,

Hes not in my country (GB), he's in Sri Lanka now..

Edit: I also heard about Android lost, a app that you can push to your android after it has been lost, but when I try to instal the app it only has my phones on there.
You can do a factory reset on that.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick answer,

Hes not in my country (GB), he's in Sri Lanka now..

As I said, unfortunately, you have to be ready to live with the consequences of having such photos taken of you. Besides my aversion to parties, alcohol, etc., it's part of why I won't go to parties I know will be rowdy, and also don't do Friday-night Rocky shows any more. I do not want those photographs out in the world.

Honestly, her best bet is to go to the police. I don't know about the S2 specifically, but none of my phones, if wiped, will also erase the user's /data partition, but then, none of them run the stock recoveries and ROM's, either, so I don't know. It's been a while since I've run a stock phone.

Upvote 0
As I said, unfortunately, you have to be ready to live with the consequences of having such photos taken of you. Besides my aversion to parties, alcohol, etc., it's part of why I won't go to parties I know will be rowdy, and also don't do Friday-night Rocky shows any more. I do not want those photographs out in the world.

Honestly, her best bet is to go to the police. I don't know about the S2 specifically, but none of my phones, if wiped, will also erase the user's /data partition, but then, none of them run the stock recoveries and ROM's, either, so I don't know. It's been a while since I've run a stock phone.

you misunderstand, he took secret pictures of her with his phone, some undressed. he took them with the intention of using them.. I wasnt in those pics.
His uncle is in the Sri Lankan police, hes already covered up for him when he attacked a man and put him in hospital.. Sri lanka is so corrupt.
the police in the Uk cant and wont have any bearings on it at all..

I just want to help a good friend out, illegally as it seems theres nothing can be done.

she doesnt drink, neither do i

Thanks

Upvote 0
I wasn't saying you two drink- I was giving an example of my own life. I understand you weren't in these pictures. I am just stating that the best protection is not being in these situations.

Sadly, I can't offer any workable advice. Partly because of hte same reason Android doesn't really have viruses and worms. EVen if you could push an app to his phone, it won't run or do anything unless he manually ran it.

Upvote 0
sorry for your friend's troubles. sounds like she needs to be more carful in the future.

NO.. there is no way for what you want. if there was.. I would be very scared for my phone's safety.

no way to wipe data off external memory storage.

any solutions.. require access to his phone remotely
no way for you to access his phone remotely.. without his google account login info.

and if he is in another country.. forget it. that is way outside legal help.

she might have to just push out of her mind..forget him. don't think about it anymore.
and let him do what he does. maybe he will do nothing. and move on.

Upvote 0
I think the others have said it all already, but to reiterate:

Whilst it is an unfortunate situation, we do not condone illegal activity here at AF for any reason. Nor will we allow instructions for any such activities to be hosted on our site, as doing so compromises the safety and future of the site.

As such I have closed the thread, thank you for understanding.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones