1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help Unrooting Droid Charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmg1693, Aug 19, 2011.

1. cmg1693

cmg1693 Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    I rooted my charge and ive been wanting to Unroot it because it seems to me that my Data connection has been noticeably worse ever since I rooted. Ive searched around and everything says that if I want to Unroot, I have to update it with the EE2 update. Well the only update I could get was through the wireless update was i510.06 V. EE4. Well I updated it and its still rooted. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

p.s. - If anyone knows how to make my data connection better, then Id like to stay rooted.

Advertisement

2. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    I can guarantee the data connection issue is NOT because of rooting. It's a known problem with this phone and Verizon has failed to address the issue. They're also very unlikely to actually acknowledge the issue, but apparently it's "in the works" to get a fix, or rather an update to GB that will supposedly be a solution. We have yet to see.

cmg1693 likes this.
  3. cmg1693

cmg1693 Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Alright thanks a ton. Ever since I updated the phone, the service actually seems to be fine again, and its still rooted as well. Thanks again