• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with battery problem

Red3Chilli

Aug 25, 2011
Hey guys,

A couple of days this has happened and i dont know why. Within about 1 and a half hours, my battery went from 49% to 4%, being at 49% was already abnormal for the usage i had on it. I check my battery usage and it says that mediaserver used about 78%, on 5hrs...i wasnt listening to music or watching any videos, barely used my phone for that stuff today. Does any one know what the problem here is? Ive linked a picture to my battery usage

Also, since i plugged in my phone to charge about 20 mins ago, its only gone up to 5 from 4..

Thanks!

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I've never seen mediaserver on my list. Do you have any syncing media apps? (Google Music....), that might be syncing your music? I'd do a shutdown, battery pull, restart, and see what's happening. You might check the CPU and partial wake usage first (4636 menu, unless you have a battery app to check it)

Hey guys,

A couple of days this has happened and i dont know why. Within about 1 and a half hours, my battery went from 49% to 4%, being at 49% was already abnormal for the usage i had on it. I check my battery usage and it says that mediaserver used about 78%, on 5hrs...i wasnt listening to music or watching any videos, barely used my phone for that stuff today. Does any one know what the problem here is? Ive linked a picture to my battery usage

Also, since i plugged in my phone to charge about 20 mins ago, its only gone up to 5 from 4..

Thanks!

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones