• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with Bluetooth dialing

Hi, all. I have a RAZR XT912. Everything fine until Jelly Bean really. And I think even then it worked OK until a later update.
The Motorola Mobility Bluetooth dialer worked fine... Now as we all know it is broken. If I could go back to ICS I would honestly. But I am pretty sure that is not possible. Is there an earlier version of JB that had not yet messed up the Motorola Mobility Dialer? If so a link to the ROM would be great. Preferably one without a bunch of bloatware. Vanilla Android is great on my Nexus 7.

Got SafeStrap running, and am currently trying both the new Liquid 4.2.2 And CM 10.1 4.2.2 Love both of the ROMS, but I have the same issues, I have tried the app "Utter" as a replacement.. and it is almost too annoying to use most of the time.

I drive for a living. I CANNOT be messing with my phone while driving. I need something that I can press the button on the headset, it give a sound telling me it is ready, say the name, and have it sound a tone again confirming it heard me and dial. reliably. I don't care about opening apps up or sending emails... I just want it to DIAL THE FREAKING PHONE!!! So annoying. I can't believe Google has been so laxed on getting this working.. It IS A PHONE RIGHT?? and many States have laws about hands free. I can't figure out how, on the same device. I can dictate an entire paragraph to it, have it put it into text almost without a mistake as I say the words.
But it cant figure out..
CALL... JOE BLOW... AT HOME.. and get it right

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW the CM 10.1 seems a little faster... than Liquid, but both are faster than my stock ROM. And both are really cool ROMS to try out. I got a Antutu Score of 10,800 on CM, and 10,400 on Liquid. Stock rom was 10,000 or lower.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
Ken

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones