• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Flash orange desire to stock

biohazarduk

Lurker
May 24, 2011
I have a desire from orange uk and its using a ton of memory up in the phone as theres two apps for just about everything (orange app shop vs google market orange maps vs google maps etc..) If I flash the stock htc rom over the orange one will this get rid of the crap.

Also where do I get the latest stock rom from. What else will I need Ive read some posts that talk about unlock codes and goldcards I dont want to change my provider and I dont know what goldcards are. Please explain the process and help thankyou.

Yes but it won't save space as these apps are on the /system partition. Your apps are on the /data partition so flashing the latest unbranded RUU will remove the apps, there is no space benefit to be had.

You will need a goldcard. Explanation and process in the rooting faq in my signature. Follow the red link.

Latest unbranded RUU linked in the download link also in my Sig.

Process: connect phone to pc and run RUU from pc. Take the sim out when you do this as orange sometimes locks the sim so you can't even use the Orange sim

Desires can now be unlocked for free though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones