• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP with inspire

Just recently it's started shutting itself off. I've had it since FEB. What can I do?
Also can you buy an extended warranty with at&t for things like this, like sprint does?

Att offers insurance but you have 30 days from purchase of the phone to add the insurance.

Without insurance you have the 1 yr manufacturer warranty so if you call att they will swap it out but with a refurb.

I'm assuming the battery is charged and holding a charge? Do you know what the battery % is at the times the phone is shutting off? Do you notice it happening more when you are doing something specific with the phone or just whenever it feels like it? If you don't want to do a refurb swap you could try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Reactions: cheekys00
Upvote 0
Att offers insurance but you have 30 days from purchase of the phone to add the insurance.

Without insurance you have the 1 yr manufacturer warranty so if you call att they will swap it out but with a refurb.

I'm assuming the battery is charged and holding a charge? Do you know what the battery % is at the times the phone is shutting off? Do you notice it happening more when you are doing something specific with the phone or just whenever it feels like it? If you don't want to do a refurb swap you could try a factory reset and see if that helps.

I always try to never let the battery drop below 45%. It shuts of during phone calls (twice) the today when I took a picture. How do I do a factory resest? And will it wipeout everything I have saved on the phone?

Also THANKS alot for taking the time to help me out.

Upvote 0
I always try to never let the battery drop below 45%. It shuts of during phone calls (twice) the today when I took a picture. How do I do a factory resest? And will it wipeout everything I have saved on the phone?

Also THANKS alot for taking the time to help me out.

Yes anything saved to the phone will be lost. You can back up your contacts to your sim card and all pics or anything automatically saved to the sd card will be ok bt i usually remove these from the phone just in case. So you will have to redownload your apps. Any apps you paid for will show up in the market under my apps with the install option.

Menu-settings-sd & phone storage-factory data reset.

Reactions: cheekys00
Upvote 0
Yes anything saved to the phone will be lost. You can back up your contacts to your sim card and all pics or anything automatically saved to the sd card will be ok bt i usually remove these from the phone just in case. So you will have to redownload your apps. Any apps you paid for will show up in the market under my apps with the install option.

Menu-settings-sd & phone storage-factory data reset.

Thanks alot. Sorry for asking such elementry questions. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones