• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with media files

pcb007

Lurker
Jul 30, 2009
Hi just come over to Android from after many years on Windows Mobile . I have created a folder on my sd card called my music and transferred my music folders across including the album Art pics, however the pictures dont show up in the music player, can some please point me in the right direction to get them to show. Thanks in advance Paul

Hi just come over to Android from after many years on Windows Mobile . I have created a folder on my sd card called my music and transferred my music folders across including the album Art pics, however the pictures dont show up in the music player, can some please point me in the right direction to get them to show. Thanks in advance Paul

A search of the site would have yielded the thread that this post came from .... >>> http://androidforums.com/android-media/1818-album-art-showing-up-under-pictures.html#post38313

Hope this helps and Welcome to AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if its possible to transfer pictures and video to the device using HTCSync ?

I can imagine in 6months time the back will become loose if I have to constantly remove this to access the memory card ......

:thinking:

Connect up the USB cable. Pull down the notification thing from the top. Select 'USB connected'. Select 'Mount' to mount the internal card from your PC. Copy over files.

Upvote 0
Another daft question....

Does anyone know if you need to place custom mp3/wav files into certain directories on the microSD card for them to be visible in the notification menus?

I remember seeing something in a forum that said you need to create a folder structure on a stock sd card.

Four Directories :

/sdcard/Alarms

/sdcard/Notifications

/sdcard/Ringtones

/sdcard/UI

Upvote 0
Had a play around and saw some advice from xda-developer forums - enabled SD card notifications option in settings->sound and display, created following directories on sd card :

Media/Audio/alarms
Media/Audio/notifications
Media/Audio/ringtones

Files placed in notifications folder appeared in notifications - *.mp3, *.ogg and *.wav tested.

May also need a reboot somewhere in there aswell !

D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones