• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with motorola.gallery on liberty

chico2130

Apr 1, 2010
I was wondering if there was a way to put the Motorola gallery that came with the X on while using liberty. I am coming from Apex and you can just run fab script to put it back on. Is there a way with liberty I did not see it in the tool box I tried pulling the APK out of system/app before I switched put it will not install please help thanks.

I was wondering if there was a way to put the Motorola gallery that came with the X on while using liberty. I am coming from Apex and you can just run fab script to put it back on. Is there a way with liberty I did not see it in the tool box I tried pulling the APK out of system/app before I switched put it will not install please help thanks.
Liberty Toolbox/App Management/Install Add-Ons/2D Gallery.
if it is the 2D gallery you are talking about.

Upvote 0
That 2d gallery installed the old gallery from the original droid1 before it was updated to the 3D one. I was looking for the 2.2.1 motorola gallery that was on the X I like that one better than the 3D gallery It gives more options for editing.
Just trying to help.

terminal emulator: just find the Apk. you need. then...
Put apk file on root of sd card. Open terminal. Type su then hit enter. Then type install nameoffile.apk and hit enter. So if its labeled Gallery.apk it would be su enter install Gallery.apk enter

Reactions: chico2130
Upvote 0
No go I tried moving the apk file and changing the permissions but it will not install. I rebooted and tried to install it with titatium back up but no go.
did you understand my directions, do you have Terminal Eliminator? if not grab it from the market.
1.get terminal emulator from market.
2.locate and download the gallery .apk you need. then...
3.Put apk file on root of sd card.
4.Open terminal emulator.
5.Type su then hit enter.
6.Then type install "nameofilehere.apk" and hit enter. So if its labeled Gallery.apk it would be su enter install Gallery.apk enter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones