• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with move /delete files please.

@XplosiV
Ok sit down fella OMG IT WORKS!!
Don't know what happened but tried from scratch again (how many times) and this time, where as after using the spy glass the path would show as sdcard/emualated/0/DCIM/camera, on pressing back to task it changed it's self to match your DCIM/camera why I don't know, this is the first time this has happened.
It works every time now only thing my phone gallery still shows the original camera /images etc as though they were still untouched by the Tasker task. But in file explorer you can see empty folder for the camera internal storage and my chosen destination folder holding the newly taken camera images. So it's doing what I want as I can take 20/30 or more photos a day for work, customer specifications etc which I mail off but need to keep copies of which is why I needed the task to work.
Many thanks XplosiV gentlemen and a scholar!

Reactions: XplosiV
Upvote 0
If you want something to force an sd card refresh, try Elixir 2 bud, just create a button on your home screen, and job done. Really pleased it's working now chap, rock on!

You can always now take comfort in the knowledge that the task is working, you just need the sd to refresh, btw tasker does have a thing in media, but it doesn't work

Upvote 0
Final foot note to put this Task to bed as done an dusted. Ended up bugging me as to why the Task changes were not showing in correct folder in phone gallery, although Task was proved working by viewing in file manager. Meaning I could have my internal storage free from clogging.
So I copied out to pc the whole SD card formatted the card in the phone and then reloaded the SD card all 18+ gb. I have my phone set to only scan media at boot and am now happy to say the format of the card done it and moved images now show in the correct folder in the phone gallery!

Upvote 0
Yeah did but tested many a time with it turned back on fully but always was set for scan at boot.
Media scanner is a real battery hog so if you can disable it set for certain run times you'll see big difference in battery.
Edit
Should say sd card was formatted under 4.2.2 last before the new format the other night. Done in phone using 4.3 Rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones