• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

psousa781

Oct 24, 2011
I got my new phone and got te numbers switched so my wife now has my old EVO. I was removing my accounts from the EVO and when I tried to remove my gmail account it said I had to go to SD Card & Storage and do a Factory Reset to make it happen. I did this (I did not select to erase the SD Card) and the phone ended up rebooting into recovery. I found this odd and just selected reboot. It rebooted, but it went to a stock Android splash screen instead of the MikG splash screen. I waited a bit, and it seemed like nothing was happening so I pulled the battery and manually booted into recovery. I checked to see if my zip files were still there, and they are, so I decided to do a normal wipe and flash of MikG 3.11. Everything looked like it went fine, but when it rebbiited after installing the phone booted into the screen that shows s-off and has Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootlader and one other option. No matter how I reboot now it goes there. What did I do? How do I fix it? Please help!

I got my new phone and got te numbers switched so my wife now has my old EVO. I was removing my accounts from the EVO and when I tried to remove my gmail account it said I had to go to SD Card & Storage and do a Factory Reset to make it happen. I did this (I did not select to erase the SD Card) and the phone ended up rebooting into recovery. I found this odd and just selected reboot. It rebooted, but it went to a stock Android splash screen instead of the MikG splash screen. I waited a bit, and it seemed like nothing was happening so I pulled the battery and manually booted into recovery. I checked to see if my zip files were still there, and they are, so I decided to do a normal wipe and flash of MikG 3.11. Everything looked like it went fine, but when it rebbiited after installing the phone booted into the screen that shows s-off and has Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootlader and one other option. No matter how I reboot now it goes there. What did I do? How do I fix it? Please help!

How much power does the battery have?
Have you tried flashing another ROM maybe the Stock ROM?
It may not be a bad Idea to clear the contents of the SDCARD and start it all from fresh. If there is anything in .android_secure It could keep things tied up to your google account. Looks like you would have been better just to wipe it all and start her fresh.

Reactions: psousa781
Upvote 0
How much power does the battery have?
Have you tried flashing another ROM maybe the Stock ROM?
It may not be a bad Idea to clear the contents of the SDCARD and start it all from fresh. If there is anything in .android_secure It could keep things tied up to your google account. Looks like you would have been better just to wipe it all and start her fresh.

Yeah, definitely learned a lesson there. I thought just removing accounts would have been the easier way to go.

Upvote 0
Strange. The nandroid worked and I was able to boot successfully. I then rebooted into recovery and did a full wipe and flashed MikG again. It installed successfully and rebooted, but went back to the screen with Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, and Power Off. Any ideas why that is happening?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones