• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hero and ringdroid

What is the benefit of using Ringdroid over using the built in ringtone device?

If you go into the stock music player, select a song, then select 'menu', you can easily select a song and trim to make contact ringtones as well as a default one.

I don't know if I want to change this, does Ringdroid have additional features to justify switching or is this uneccesary?

Upvote 0
I use ringdroid for the reason it can save your ringtone or sound as a Ringtone, Notification or even an Alarm or Alert.. When You install it for the first time, as soon as you make a Ringtone or save a sound as a Notification it makes a folder in your SD card with different folders in side one for Ringtones one for Notifications and so forth. I myself have the Yahoo! Yodel for my Yahoo! email and the new DROID boot up sound for my Text Messages it's a real attention getter when I get a Text..LOL!

Hope this helps a bit! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones