• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fake Name

Oct 8, 2009
Hi, I'm making a FAQ for Hero, and I'm asking you(users), what would you like to see in it (its going to be posted on the forums)? I mean, the points of importance varies from user to user, and I may have forgotten to add something to it, or may have not added something at all, cuz I didnt think it was important. Or if you think this will help out future users.

Just post here, but in this format.

Person A

How to make your Hero hack pentagon

Person B

How to make your Hero hack pentagon

How to get your Hero to fly at speed of light <<<(this is his post, so he/she copied and pasted previous request, and added his/her own)

Please post on topic ;)

Thank you,
FN

Here's one that's sure to be asked more and more.....

Q. How do I install HTCSync in Windows 7 64-bit?

A.
Find "C:\Program Files (x86)" in Windows Explorer
Create an "HTC" folder within this
Download the Vista x64 drivers from here
Extract the contents of this ZIP to your previously-created HTC folder
You should now have a "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x64" tree containing the Vista x64 driver files.
Now install HTCSync and reboot the PC when completed
After restarting, connect the Hero and it should be recognised and the drivers correctly installed.
If the device disconnects afterwards, unplug the handset and reconnect. It should now connect properly.

Note:
If you've previously attempted to install, uninstall HTCSync and reboot before attempting the above. Don't uninstall HTC Drivers though - simply unzip the driver files into the existing ""C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\" folder

Upvote 0
The way these threads work is if you update your first thread with all the new Q&A's from everyone and you reserve like two posts after (if the first one is limit capped then you move to the next reserved) and etc. This gives newbies the ultimate FAQ without having to go through pages of useless crap they might not need; only to find one answer.

Disappointed in this thread :/ Defies the purpose in the sense; People are lazy to read through pages; why do you think they don't use search.

Upvote 0
Disappointed in this thread :/ Defies the purpose in the sense; People are lazy to read through pages; why do you think they don't use search.

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm getting really fed-up seeing the same basic questions posted again and again. If a question's been answered once it shouldn't have to be repeated as that (a) duplicates effort and (b) clutters up the forum. A FAQ is much-needed imho to keep the forum manageable.

I had a notion to pull out the most often-asked question myself and knock up some sort of FAQ myself a while back, but other events took over my time. If Fake Name is willing to put in the effort to help the community then the least we can do is help him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones