• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HERO in Canada

DefkoN

Lurker
Jul 22, 2009
I was wondering if anyone knew how well the HERO would work here in Canada, if I were to import one from Europe. It looks like if I want to wait for Canada to release one I'll have to wait a while, so if I could import one and still get 3G then I probably would. I know the 3G frequencies work differently between the US and Europe, but what about Canada? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

open source ftw.

I was wondering if anyone knew how well the HERO would work here in Canada, if I were to import one from Europe. It looks like if I want to wait for Canada to release one I'll have to wait a while, so if I could import one and still get 3G then I probably would. I know the 3G frequencies work differently between the US and Europe, but what about Canada? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

open source ftw.
if the 3g frequencies are not 850/1900 then it will not get 3g in canada or the usa. it will work fine on edge for calls and light data usage but no 3g, period.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones