• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hey everyone new guy here with some questions

mosbysjedi

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Hey everyone I've been lurking these forums for a while, decided to join finally, my name is Bryce and I own a Droid I got it a couple of days after it came out, I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask, sorry if they've been asked already

1: If I root my droid, and froyo 2.2 comes out what happens, do I just get bothered by the pop up every 30 minutes until I update?

2: I've heard about the droid "not having the hardware" to tether which I know is not true since I've USB tethered a couple of times, so could someone "Possibly" come out with an app (at some point in the future) once Froyo is out to allow Wifi tethering without root?

and finally 3: Anyone know where I can get a replacement USB/wall charger cord, my dog chewed through mine

Thanks everyone
Bryce

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones