• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hey guys need some help with a android phone option

slimdiggie

Aug 17, 2010
Good morning,
I'm a sprint customer now and currently have the palm pre which I have had to replace approx 5 times from bad hardware within 8 months. I'm excited my new 2 year contract option is up now and i'm looking forward to getting on the Android platform. But, no one has the EVO! :mad: According to sprint they have no time frame for them to push out new Evo's either. I really don't want to wait month and keep this phone any longer.

So what should I do wait for a Evo or get the Hero?

Thanks,
Slimdiggie

Is the HTC hero good? can it run android 2.2 and froyo?

the Hero wont be getting 2.2... which is the same thing as Froyo...... there may be some 2.2 roms for it (means you have to root) .... not sure havent ventured over in those forums for a while

if youre not interested in the Epic then I would place an order for the Evo and wait for it to come in.......... IMO youd be disappointed if you signed a 2 yr contract for a Hero now......

its on the lower end of the scale among the current android lineups...... and theyve already stated they wont be updating it further than 2.1 which means its already stuck a version behind current before you even buy it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones