• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi from alaska

Will be picking up my new phone with Android technology tomorrow. :)Have never owned a smart phone. I need to start learning about all the various apps. Pretty excited about getting to check my e-mail from just about any location!! I will also have a GPS, which I know I will use all the time. Just read about doubletwist, the itunes equivalent.

Which apps are "must haves" do you think? :thinking:

Welcome. Everyone probably has a different opinion about what apps are best, but try doing a search on something like "best android apps" and read what others like. You'll notice that certain apps show up again and again on "best apps" lists and those are the ones to consider first. As for myself, I like to read and probably use the kindle app as much as anything else -- there are TONS of free and inexpensive ebooks available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones