• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi gang, total newb to the Android scene

Hi everyone, Just wanted to do the introductory thing and introduce myself and describe my current android situation (actually as of right there, there isn't one) and get some suggestions and helpful hints from some of the regulars... I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions :p

First off, I'm 31, and I'm from Murfreesboro, TN (just outside of Nashville). My profession is computer repair and networking, so I do a lot of my work on my laptop. However, I would consider my cell phone usage as light as of now. I've been on Verizon now for about 6 years. In that time, I've only had one phone, an Audiovox CDM-8910. A very basic phone, in terms of features, but it has done what I needed for the most part, but now, I'm wanting more :)

My laptop that I talked about, is getting older, and slower, and the idea of lugging around a phone, mp3 player, and a laptop isn't as appealing as it used to be, not to mention it's quite easy to leave one or the other behind, and the less equipment i'm carrying, the better. So, I've been looking into Android phones for the past month or so, weighing the options and features of each phone as well as carrier plans and such, and I'm sort of torn between the Incredible and the EVO 4G on Sprint. Plans wise, Sprint is a bit cheaper, but I'm cautious as to their actual network coverage in the TN area. I was hoping users here would have some comments or suggestions on phones and/or plans.

Also, it should be noted that I do plan on traveling overseas in the near future. I would like to use my future phone when I'm traveling abroad as well, and if people has any experience using these phones out of the country, I'd love to hear input as well, as well as possible recommendations in terms of which carrier to go with in that regards. If you read all of this, I thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones