• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi, i attempted to root my device without and sd and it all went tits up when i uncheck oem unlock

in dev settings, and rebooted phone now i am stuck with a frp lock and on download mode it says currrent binary samsung official, system status: custom ( i didnt even get to the actual rooting i thought it didnt work so i turned oem unlock off and gave up) i have tried to flash stock firmware for my model but im not sure if it is right as i keep getting failed messeges in odin everytime i try to flash, i have tried multiple versions of odin and even tried using a pit file. Please help me, i havent rooted a android phone since the s3 mini i think.

Upvote 0
YES completly unuseable, odin wont attempt to flash i think the frp lock is stopping it
I don't think the FRP would cause the firmware to fail. The FRP lock is Google's security measure, not Samsung's.
But, thinking about it, it does make sense, but have not heard of that being an issue.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
What did you do differently? firmware?

I use wrong firmware, phone thinks it's a ee carrier phone when I swapped this phone for my j6+ it said on boot which carrier network would you like to connect to 3 (my network) I.D network (I think it must be the carrier for the phone and previous owner unlocked device?) Sorry for late response

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones